Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Another week...

This weekend proved to be like most - we were too busy and it went by way too fast!  Tom came home Friday night after Buddy was already asleep.  Biscuit was still awake so she did get to see him.  I had to work Saturday and then we had plans Saturday night to go to a trivia night.  Sunday, Tom was busy working on a project for work and then we went to a Superbowl party at some friends' house.  Before I knew it, he was off to the airport and I was off to work to start another long week! It was a fun weekend but kind of whirlwind.  

I am pretty tired but thank goodness for caffeine. I am embarrassed to post this but mom, since you are the only one likely to ever read this, I will:

Yes, these are all from today and yes I know I have a problem!

OK, on to more important things.  My little Buddy has been sleeping sooo much better since we put him in his own bed in his own room.  We should have done it sooner!  At this rate my diet coke consumption might go down to 2 a day.  Tomorrow he will be 6 months!  



Little Buddy, I waited so long for you!  You have no idea how much we wished for you.  The day you were born was so amazing!  I wish I could go back and relive it.  I took this of Daddy in the parking lot of the hospital the day you were born:


I was scheduled to be induced but went into labor on the way to the hospital.  I checked in at 7:00 and you were born 5 hours later!  I only had to push 3 times.   Daddy was sooo happy to have a boy!  I was too of course:)  The first thing I noticed on you was your dark hair and deep dimples!  

This was the morning after you were born.  It was very early before anyone came to see us.  I  loved this special little moment when it was just you and me.  


I am going to be honest Buddy, you were not the easiest baby as a newborn (albeit you were the cutest!)  We had to switch your formula and bottles several times.  You were a little colicky and a terrible sleeper.  Once we sorted all of that out, you turned into the best baby.  


You have such a sweet disposition.  Your smile melts my heart like nothing I have ever experienced before.  You are very strong.  You love your bouncer/excersaucer.  You are starting to push up when you are on your belly and I think you will be an early crawler!  You LOVE to watch your big sister goof around.  You have started eating baby food - bananas, sweet potatoes, pears, carrots, and rice cereal.  You can't get enough.  You drink about 5-6 ounce bottles about every 3 hours.  Right now you weigh about 18 lbs and are wearing 9 month clothes but at this rate that is sure to change soon.  Sometimes you sleep through the night but if you wake up, it is only once.  I am sorry to ramble on but I just want to remember everything about this stage in your life.  

You are such a blessing and I can't imagine what we did before you.  We love you to pieces Lells!





No comments:

Post a Comment